« Home | Holland here I come. » | Budgie the Great » | Hello Blogger. » 

Friday, April 07, 2006 

Can't you make up your mind?

Well, I'm not going back to Holland after all. I had it all planned out, I would work part-time at both places until they found a new technician at the vet hospital. The second half of the day would be spent at Holland. I guess my current boss didn't like this idea...

Yesterday Dr. B called Dr. N and asked her about me. I told her earlier that day if he offered me a raise I would stay. Dr. B came in (on his day off), took me to lunch, told me what a great job I've been doing and how he really didn't want to see me leave. He also told me that my least favorite person at the clinic was "not going to have her job for long." He proceeded to ask me how much it would take to make me want to stay. I told him the truth, that I'm having trouble making ends meet and paying for gas at the same time. He offered me a $.75/hr raise and I couldn't say no.

I really do enjoy working in the photographic field, but if it comes down to choosing between getting cheap developing and paying my bills, well, I'm going to pay my bills AND have extra to do whatever. Like get my frosty little friends out of their buttery hiding hole.

So, I'm staying at the clinic. And I'm ok with it. Actually a bit relieved about it. I never knew what they thought of me and now I know they like the way I work and really want me to be there. That's really important to me. I'm not going to spend 9+ hours a day somewhere I'm not appreciated.

About me

  • I'm Lori
  • From Austin, TX
  • Age 25. Moody Libra. Mother to 2 cats & 1 pup. Happily Married. Knitting & Marlboro Addict. I live in Austin,TX. I love music. Tattooed. Nose Pierced. 1/2 German. Stoner. Creative. Bookworm. Opinionated. Rebellious.
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates